Penn Central Photo Pages
A westbound PC freight gets a Slow Approach indication at the diamonds in Crestline, OH. Dale DeVene, Jr. photo.
Select the area on the Penn Central system that you would like to visit. (The descriptions on the regions follow the prototype, but are very general.)
- Central Region: Central and western Pennsylvania
- Eastern Region Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Washington D.C.
- Lake Region: Northern Ohio and Indiana
- Metropolitan Region: Ex-NYC and New Haven commuter lines north and northeast of New York City
- New Haven Region: Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut
- Northeastern Region: Western and central New York state
- Northern Region: Michigan and southern Ontario
- Southern Region: Illinois, central and southern Ohio and southern Indiana
- Western Region: Northern Indiana and Chicagoland
Equipment and Miscellaneous Pictures
The following categories include pictures of Penn Central locomotives and rolling stock. These are
"roster" photos, as opposed to the photographs above, which are better classified as "action"
- Alco diesels
- EMD diesels
- General Electric diesels
- Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton diesels
- Fairbanks-Morse diesels
- Electric Locomotives
Freight and non-revenue cars
Miscellaneous PC Pictures
Other sites with PC photos
- Railpictures.net search for Penn Central pictures.
- RRpictureArchives.net search for Penn Central pictures.
- NERAIL Photo Archive Penn Central pictures.
- George Elwood's PC Photos: Part of George's fantastic web site.
- David Dupler's Railroad Web Page : by David Dupler. Good PC photos.
- Tim Vermande's PC Page : A collection of PC locomotive photos.
- Bill Lockard PC photos: PC and early Conrail photos from the late 1970's.
If you have any photos to contribute, please contact me and let me know.