PC: PC Preserved

     I recently returned from a short vacation to the Northeast were I
visited my old stomping grounds at the B&O Museum in Baltimore.  While
there I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the museum has recently
acquired two pieces of Penn Central (ex-PRR) freight equipment for its
collection.
     1. H39 Open Top Hopper 445439 still in good Penn Central paint (p. 70
bottom, PC Color Guide)
     2. H49 Covered Hopper 885393 in Conrail gray (p. 102 bottom, PC
color guide)
      I took a certain amount of good natured ribbing from the B&O guys
about the PC equipment and the possibility of returning the covered
hopper to PC Green.  I can't speak for the museum but you never know
what will happen.

Bob Holzweiss
"Robert.Holzweiss -AT- bush.nara.gov"

Home | Main Index | Thread Index