Re: PC: Re: Lightning stripes in the PC era? NOPE--nor for RS-11s

On Elwood's site, there is an obviously erroneous caption to a photo of 1644
and another F at Youngstown, Ohio, reading in 1969.  These are an a-a- set
in the truncated lightning stripes and with the coupler covers in place on
the pilots, plus looking factory - fresh.  I bet the intended date was 1949
or 59.
I did see an FB-2 in the summer of 1968 here in Corning that was still in
lightning stripes, but very ratty looking, and not far from trade - in or
scrapping.  I was too young to realize this was sort of an anomaly when I
viewed it, so naturally I didn't get a road number.
Jim Kosty