Re: PC: Theft or Salvage?

The same situation is happening with CP Rail and Norfolk Southern, with the NS
trying to force CP off the Southern Tier Line west of Binghamton, which NS has
no right to do, only an act of Congress can d o that. When CP bought the
Delaware and Hudson, the trackage rights on Conrail that Congress established
for the D&H was part of the package and as far as I understand, Norfolk
Southern IS required to honor these trackage rights agreements. From several
engineers I know, the NS wants to severely limit the operations under these
trackage rights, they have made it clear that NS wants CP off the line
completely west of Binghamton. I do not see how Norfolk Southern could legally
do it and thwart an act of Congress. Go figure.

Jim Mancuso

Home | Main Index | Thread Index