Re: PC: Road Trailer

Dave: It has to be a 45 foot trailer  because that was the largest size semi
trailer available on the market during the Penn Central era. To my knowledge,
the Penn Central never had any 48 footers as the advent of these took place
well after the Penn Central disappeared into Conrail if not later. I do not
believe there was any such thing as a 48 foot trailer during that era, unless
it was something custom built for special hauling jobs. I hope this clears
this up to your satisfaction.

Jim Mancuso

Home | Main Index | Thread Index