Re: PC: Re: La Grange Plant GP-40 Orange C Engines

I will not take issue with anything Chuck had to say about *why* the orange
C was used, but I would like to provide some enlightenment:

> > After all, the PRR nor the NYC used the color Orange that I'm
> > aware of, but the New Haven used it extensively!

The Pennsy did have "Focal Orange" cabin cars.  I have never seen a side
by side comparison between the PRR orange and the orange used by the
NH on some of it's cars.

Judging from the vintage of the automobile in the background of this image:

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/prr/prr477901.jpg

I would guess a few orange PRR cabin cars made it to the PC era.

Gene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index