Re: [Fwd: PC: Walthers Decals]

Regarding the availability of decals . It was noted at the St Louis
convention train show that Champ has issued it's LAST catalog. Rich Meyer has
announced that he intends to retire from the decal business at the end of
2002 I believe. One of the reasons given is the large drop in demand for
decals given that most new brass and the higher quality plastic equiptment
comes already painted and lettered. While Champ currently does not produce
much in the PC line this will leave just one major decal manufacturer left. I
believe the capabilities of computers /scanners and printers are also part of
the reason for the loss of manufactured decals. We will all be at a loss in
the future if this trend continues. Modeling the PC era became more difficult
with the loss of Herald King a few years ago. Hopefully Micro-Scale will be
able to pick up the market share that is left. -------------   Ken McCorry

Home | Main Index | Thread Index