Re: PC: CR Rust

I was a CR engineer for a bit in the mid-90's, and often wondered about the
same. If you look, it's only on the horizontal surfaces...walkways, roof,
blowers, horns...and it was on PC units as well.
 As far as I can tell, it's exhaust dust from engines that spend an excessive
amount of time sitting still. When boredom struck I often took some water
bottles, cracked them open, poured water on the "rust"...and, given a rub
with a leather glove the stuff comes right off, revealing shiny CR blue!! (If
you get the opportunity, try it out)

Ian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index