Re: PC: PS13L -Reply -Reply

>>> "Garrett Rea" <Garrett.Rea -AT- worldnet.att.net> 07/14/99 03:56am >>>
Thanks Robert:

>Car 7153 (originally 8416) was originally named Colonial
>Doorways and was renamed Nicholas Firestone during 8/55.

Colonial Doorways?  I put a door on my house this past weekend and I
think Home Depot when I see that name.  I guess someone at Pullman had
a sense of humor and someone in PRR had some common sense.

Garrett Rea

I agree, although there were probably some serious political
considerations putting Mr. Firestone on there.  A lot of other prominent
businessmen may have felt snubbed.  One more thing that I forgot, if you
take Trains Magazine look for an add (half page)  that Kalmbach took out
promoting some new books.  One of them is a guide to PRR lightweight
cars with diagrams, rosters, and dispositions.  It retails for $40
something but it is 200+ pages and looks like a winner based on other
books in this series that I own.  I don't have it yet myself but do plan to
get it shortly.

Bob Holzweiss
"Robert.Holzweiss -AT- bush.nara.gov"

Home | Main Index | Thread Index