Re: PC: Research

David:
    For information about a lawsuit and other things about this situation, I
suggest that you begin your search at the County or Federal Court House with
jurisdiction, (of which should contain some records on this matter).

First, look for a Death certificate and Coroner's Inquest reports on the
cause of death,  in the County where he died.  Next, Look in the County
Court House Circuit Clerk's Office for the indexes to Civil Suits at  the
time period starting just after his death.  Check the Court House in the
county of residency at the time of his death, first (I Presume that this is
also were he actually died and could save an extra trip to the Coroner's in
a different county).  Second, look in other places such as the County Court
House where the Accident took place.  Third, look in the Federal Court
Houses in the district of residency  and/or where the accident took place.

If you find where the lawsuit was filed, you will then also find out who the
Lawyer was who filed the suit and you could contact him or his Law Firm and
they might be helpful to you.  You should be able to find out from the court
file what was claimed on behalf of your father and what the railroad
responded with, as well as what the final Court decree was.

However, some lawsuits are settled out of court with the record Sealed.  If
that is the case, you should still be able to find the fact that the suit
was filed and who filed it,  but you might not be able to find out what the
outcome was.

H. G Scott

--
Thanks,