Re: PC: GG1-#4882

Just tell the SPF's to come to Syracuse, we redid our GG1 in Tuscan just to
do something different with it.  Unfortunately every weld seam, wrinkle and
dent now shows up, but it does look nicer.  Come see it in 2 weeks at the
24th annual train show at the NYS Fairgrounds...   (end shameless plug,
lol)

Bill K.

----------
> From: Jerry Jordak <jer -AT- smellycat.com>
> To: penn-central -AT- smellycat.com
> Subject: Re: PC: GG1-#4882
> Date: Sunday, October 25, 1998 10:12 PM
>
> Rick wrote:
>
> > At 10AM, Thursday, 29 October GG1 #4882 will be
> > unveiled during a press conference repainted in PC livery.
> > We will try to have a photo posted to our web page shortly there
> > after.
>
> So would this be the first ever locomotive restored to a Penn Central
> paint scheme? While I know there are a few preserved PC cars out there
> (the caboose at Danbury first comes to mind), I can't think of any
> restored PC locomotives out there.
>
> In the meantime, Rick, I'd be keeping an eye out for any crazy SPF's
> out there who might try to throw a can of Tuscan Red paint at it... :-)
>
> Either way, it looks like I'll be making a stop the next time I pass
> through Elkhart.
>
> Later,
> -Jer
>
> --
> Jerry W. Jordak               Time has little to do with infinity
> mailto:jer@smellycat.com      and jelly doughnuts.
> http://prozac.cwru.edu/jer/                      -- Thomas Magnum
> Acts 16:31   <><

Home | Main Index | Thread Index