ADMIN: Digests (and Re: PC: What if)

Evil Mike wrote:

>      I was just thinking about the issue of the PC fan and would like to
> ask the following question.  If you had to choose between the oval, the
> keystone or the copulating worms which one would you chose.  What I am
> trying to find out is if there is anybody who is first and foremost a PC
> fan.  I find the PC interesting, but in my heart I know I am a PRR fan
> and I also know there are a lot of NYC fans on the list.  I would like
> to hear rom someone who's first choice RR is the PC and why they made
> that decision.

Personally, I'm probably foremost a PC fan. Why? I can relate to it
better, as the PC was in my childhood. I missed the PRR altogether.

However, lest there be any doubt, I'm also a major Pennsy fan (or SPF,
if you will). I almost as big a PRR fan as a PC fan, but PC gets the
edge because it was closer to my time.

I'm also an NYC fan and a New Haven fan too. Why? There are a lot
of NYC routes in northern Ohio, and the territory the NH runs through
is just neat, plus they had a lot of interesting equipment and
operations. So I guess I'm fan of the PC *and* it's predecessors.

--IMPORTANT ADMIN STUFF--

While I'm using bandwidth and mail spool space: The mailing list has
been rather busy over the past couple weeks, with lots of spirited
(if not off-topic) discussion going on. However, I have had some
people drop off the list, telling me they were getting overwhelmed with
the amount of traffic. I've never had this problem before, but it's
not a good thing IMHO. However, if there are others on the list feeling
swamped, there is a solution: a digest version of the mailing list.
This collects together all the mailings together into one large message
and sends them out roughly once a day (more or less, depending on
traffic). This way, listers won't get buried in 30 PC e-mails a day
and can read through them faster. However, I'm still not sure how to
set up the digest function on my mail server. I haven't tried before,
since there was no need, but if there is interest, I will try to set
up a digest version of the mailing list. It might take me a few days
to figure out, but it can be done (I think). If you are interested in
a digest version of the mailing list, please mail me directly at
jer -AT- smellycat.com (NOT TO THE MAILING LIST!) and let me know. If I
get enough interested people, I'll work on setting it up.

BTW, prozac (our mail and web server) has taken a couple of hits
the past three days. I'm not sure what the problem is. Until we
get this resolved, please be patient if not all posts go through
right away, as there may be a system problem holding up the e-mail.

Thanks,
-Jer

--
Jerry W. Jordak               Time has little to do with infinity
mailto:jer@smellycat.com      and jelly doughnuts.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index