PC: Re: PC Acquisitions

Ed,
   I think we're taking advantage of the "summer" weather in March.
I purchased the same green F-9 about a year ago, and although it is not
even close to prototype, it is also a reminder of my youth when I could not
afford a PC locomotive, but could afford the same AHM PC models in the blue
and yellow box for about the same 99 cents at a local toy store (Spree)
long gone.
   I think the price was O.K. for the F-9.  I'd buy another if I found one.
 Another rare item and also not done to prototype are the Con Cor PC
passenger cars.  Hope to find these someday just for collecting purposes.
    Enjoy!
      Rob

----------
> From: ebulman -AT- bidmc.harvard.edu
> To: penn-central -AT- smellycat.com
> Subject: PC: PC Acquisitions
> Date: Tuesday, March 31, 1998 4:33 PM
>
> Hey, where is everybody?
>
>> I picked up a green Mantua F9 for $8 (was this price OK?). The PC worms
> were orange and white, and not well painted on the nose (when would this
> date from, '68-70?).I also snagged a
> $2 boxed AHM PC 40' gondola for my seven year old nephew (get him started
> early). The blue and yellow box reminded me of the good old days of
> 1971-72, when Woolworths used to carry them for 99 cents. Great for a kid
> who didn't care about scale modelling at the time.
>
> Ed

Home | Main Index | Thread Index