[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: PC: Speculative Modelling
- Subject: Re: PC: Speculative Modelling
- From: Mijamoore <Mijamoore@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 21:22:34 EST
Had the PC survived, this is a probable scenario....
1) Chessie and N&W merge (remember C&O re-numbered it's U-boats in the early
70's to fit them with N&W's roster...they talked for quite awhile about
merger, but the PC flop made the merger unnecessary)
2) Family Lines, unable to merge northward, merges with SP (another merger
that was negotiated for a long time but eventually FL looked to Chessie
3) Suddenly, transcontinental mergers are set off...Family Lines + SP,
Chessie/N&W + UP (N&W and UP were always friendly), PC + Santa Fe (NYC and
Santa Fe were historically close) and BN + Southern (the only Eastern partner
But what about the other Northeast lines?
Reading, CNJ, EL and D&H become part of Chessie/N&W (because Chessie and N&W
had partial ownership and/or control of these roads before the PC fall)
How about that!!!
Main Index |